Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Sad Day in Wind Falls, Idaho

That's really what they should have named this place. Nancy and Michele gave a valiant search for the actual namesake, but to no avail. I'm sure they'll have more on that subject in another post. As for me, my BASE jumping class spent the entire day TALKING of jumping from fixed objects rather than ACTUALLY jumping from fixed objects. The winds were very strong all day. Right up to the point that our instructors told us we could go our separate ways for dinner and such. Once everyone was gone from the hotel and scattered in small groups, the winds died down. It's now very reasonable winds and none of us are throwing ourselves off of perfectly good bridges. Tomorrow we're hoping to get two jumps in before our instructors have to head for home. Stay tuned for more adventures of low altitude jumping. I'm hoping to have all of the videos from my jumps uploaded tomorrow. But, until I do, here are two pictures from my third jump to tide you over.

No comments:

Post a Comment